GDEF Grant Terms & Conditions
Grant applicant agrees as follows:
1. The information contained in this grant application is complete and accurate.
2. The content of this grant application (and information regarding the implementation of any grant approved by the GDEF Board of Directions, in its sole discretion) is the property of the Groton Dunstable Education Foundation, Inc. (GDEF) and GDEF may use this information as it deems appropriate for both external and internal uses, including press releases and other external communications.
3. In addition to the above, if this grant is approved by the Board of Directors of the GDEF, in its sole discretion, then applicant agrees:
a. To complete and return the following to GDEF:
i. Request for Payment Form to initiate the grant disbursement within six months of the grant approval date;
ii. Acknowledgement of the Receipt of Funds upon receiving a grant disbursement;
iii. Progress report regarding the status of the implementation of the grant midway the project; and
iv. Final report regarding the grant to include a Grant Evaluation Form, a detailed accounting of expenditures (with receipts for all items), and such other information as GDEF may request, all within 30 days after completion of the project;
b. That funds for an approved GDEF grant are only reserved for a period of one year from the date that the GDEF Board of Directors approves the grant (unless the GDEF Board of Directors provides written consent to applicant of an extension of such time period);
c. To carry out the grant in the manner described in this application (unless GDEF provides written consent to a change);
d. To return any disbursed but unused grant proceeds to GDEF on the earlier of
i. Completion of the grant project or
ii. One year after the GDEF Board of Directors approves the grant;
e. To coordinate with GDEF in publicizing the grant project directly to parents, teacher and the community through the school newsletter, press releases and other means of communication, with each communication containing a reference that “This project is supported by a grant from the Groton Dunstable Education Foundation.”;
f. To abide by the rules and requirements of the Groton Dunstable Regional School District for any activity on a school site by the applicant or others involved in the implementation of the grant program, including CORI requirements if applicable;
g. To encourage the replication of GDEF grants by making all equipment and materials accessible to other teachers and administrators;
h. That all equipment purchased with GDEF monies be labeled as such and become property of the Groton Dunstable Regional School District; and
i. That in the event that an approved grant provides for the allocation of funds for professional development or any other program for GDRSD personnel and any such personnel are not employed by the district at any time prior to the time that such professional development activity or program is to take place that the following terms shall apply:
i. If such funds have not yet been disbursed by GDEF, the GDEF may elect to not disburse such funds;
ii. If the funds have been disbursed by GDEF but not expended on such program, then applicant shall return such funds to GDEF; and
iii. If the funds have been disbursed by GDEF and the program has not yet taken place, GDEF has the option to grant dollars to other personnel in lieu of the original applicant if he/she is no longer employed by the district.
4. New grant requests by a previous grantee may not be considered by GDEF in the event that the previous grantee is not in compliance with paragraphs 1 and 3 of this Section.
5. The grant application guidelines, the application form (including paragraphs 1-5 of this Section), and the disbursement procedures are subject to the discretion of GDEF and GDEF may modify any of the foregoing without notice.
Whom Should I Contact if I Have Questions?
Please contact our Grant Director at email@example.com